Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Welcome to My Blog

I am a self confessed Vidiot with an amazing capacity for retaining useless information on a variety of subjects. Thus far, this has benefited me only peripherally; I am a whiz at trivia contests held in bars and I can usually make a decent showing playing Jeopardy against TV opponents.

If you need to know the names of the actors who played all seven castaways on Gilligan's Island, I'm your man. Should a life or death situation arise wherein the name of Gene Autry's horse is needed post haste call me. Excuse me a moment - The President is on the line and he needs to know which 70's actor had a hit with Don't Give Up On Us Baby. Of course I was able to help him (politics aside, it's every American's duty to answer his country's call). In the event that you can't make it through the day without knowing which 70s and 80's rocker had a cameo in Fast Times At Ridgemont High, reach out and I'll be there...

See what I mean - useless information.

And now, thanks to the wonders of the blogosphere, I have an outlet in which to share this with other like minded individuals.

More to come...

And in case you're wondering:

Gilligan - Bob Denver; The Skipper -Alan Hale Jr.; Mr. Howell - Jim Bakus; Mrs. Howell - Natalie Schafer; The Professor - Russell Johnson; Mary Ann - Dawn Wells, Ginger - Tina Louise (I'll admit it - I'm definitely a Mary Ann kind of guy).







Champion the Wonder Horse








David Soul aka Hutch of Starksy and Hutch; check out the video in all its Cheesy 70's Goodness:








Nancy Wilson (left), who with sister Ann was a member of the rock band Heart (she eventually married Cameron Crowe who wrote the film's screenplay and the book upon which it was based)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete