Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in..."


Ok - here it is not quite two months since my self-proclaimed final post and Look Ma, I'm Blogging!

At first it was a pleasure to be released from the burden of posting; the constant need to come up with clever ideas (or at least ideas; how clever they were is a matter of opinion). Then a funny thing happened; I found myself writing entries in my mind if not online. One minute I'd be out and about with friends or family and suddenly I'd think "there's a great idea for a blog" or "wouldn't that be fun to write about". It was so subtle at first that I hardly realized it. But the Blog Monster is an insiduous beast with an insatiable appetite and soon mental notes weren't enough; I actually started making lists of topics to blog about.

Still I resisted signing into Blogger; no matter how the Blog Monster begged or cajoled I remained strong. "Feed Me , Michael," the Blog Monster would say in his best Levi Stubbs voice. Other times his pleadings would be soft and sultry, reminiscent of Kathleen Turner in Body Heat: "Come on, Michael, you know you want to..."

Long story short, I am a weak-willed man and it was only a matter of time before I gave in. So here I am, one year to the day of my very first blog and I'm back in the game.

Don't touch that dial, we'll be right back after this word from our sponsor...

No comments:

Post a Comment