Thursday, June 4, 2009

Best friends (or more)? You decide...



Lucy and Ethel
A woman needs something to fill those long, lonely nights while hubby's working at the club. Who can she turn to? Her best friend of course.





Mr. Ed, Wilbur and Carol
Carol and Wilbur. Ed and Wilbur. Ed and Carol. This is the seedy underside of suburban life that John Cheever wrote about. Or would have, had he written about a menage a trois between a talking Palomino, an architect and his hot, blonde wife (and you wonder why I don't let my son read this blog).



Ginger and Maryann
God, I hope so!




Ed Norton and Ralph Kramden
What really went on during those Racoon Lodge meetings?





Oscar and Felix
Felix cooked for him, cleaned for him and did his laundry; let's face it, he was Oscar's bitch.





The Golden Girls
Older women need love too! And is it me or did they seem to spend a lot of time in their night gowns?




Superman and Jimmy Olsen
Superman's Pal? More like Superman's Boy Toy.






Newman and Kramer
Not that there's anything wrong with it.




The Skipper and Gilligan
Is "little buddy" Skipper's nickname for Gilligan or secret code for a special part of his anatomy?




Yogi Bear and Boo Boo
"Hey there Boo Boo! Come into my den; it's going to be a long, cold winter and I have just the thing to keep us warm. "



4 comments:

  1. Remember Eddie Murphy's routine about Ralph and Norton being gay? "Norton my pal, how would you like to (expletive deleted). Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever come to my house ( as you keep promising to do ...) you could see my IPOD and see the original version of little grass shack with Ted Fio Rito ( I think that is his name ... ) both the Rosemary Clooney Mambo Italiano or the equally good Dean version as well as tons of Nat King Cole ( most re3corded before he died but there is the awful posthumous thing that Natalie slapped together when she needed a few bucks ...) - - your taste is freighteningly close to mine.

    Of course I hate Desi Arnaz and I am shocked that you missed the other string innuendo - - Jughead and Archie. When Archie had enough of the demands of Betty and Veronica he clearly sought respite in the arms of Jughead ( why in the hell else would he be hanging about all the time when his only true interest in life was hamburgers and rest ??? )

    Gee Arch, I'll let you do it only one more time but you gotta get me a burger from Poip Tates first ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is scary but I've been trying to find the Ted Fio Rito version of Little Grass Shack. I am truly envious.

    Remember the Honeymooners episode "Young at Heart" where Ralph and the gang are reminiscing about the good old days? They mention bands they used to listen to and Ted Fio Rito is one of them (along with Little Jack Little, Basil Fomeen, Isham Jones and Tony Messner and His Toy Piano).

    I've obviously spent too many hours in front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is scary but I've been trying to find the Ted Fio Rito version of Little Grass Shack. I am truly envious.

    Remember the Honeymooners episode "Young at Heart" where Ralph and the gang are reminiscing about the good old days? They mention bands they used to listen to and Ted Fio Rito is one of them (along with Little Jack Little, Basil Fomeen, Isham Jones and Tony Messner and His Toy Piano).

    I've obviously spent too many hours in front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete